Archive for the ‘business tools’ Category
Have you been thinking of a new domain name? Now is the time to buy!
Register any new .com, .us, .mobi, .biz, .net, .org, .ca, .co.uk, and .in for just $0.99*. Plus ICANN fee of $0.18 per domain per year for .com, .mobi, .biz, .net, and .org. Discount applies to the first year only of one new registration. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, sale, discount or promotion. Limited to one order per customer, expiring after 10,000 discount redemptions or at 11:59 PM PST on 6/15/2012 (whichever comes first). Head on over to www.GoDaddy.com Use coupon code INDY500 at checkout!
If that one happens to be sold out your next best bet is to use coupon code cjc599v to buy a domain for only $5.99 plus ICANN fee of .18
In our last post we talked about Follow vs. Feedburner. Now we are going to discuss how to add Follow or Google Friend Connect to a Word Press blog. This of course serves as just one more way to add reader retention to your blog. Once you finish this you can also get more Google Member tools to add more interaction to your blog it can be done the same way as this tutorial it’s just a different gadget.
*Before you start this process though I must warn you that this only works on Word Press blogs that you are hosting yourself. This does not work on Word Press blogs that are hosted free at Word Press.
1. You’ll want to go to http://www.google.com/friendconnect/home/ This link opens in a new window so you can go back and forth. 😉 If you don’t already have some type of Google account you are going to need to get one. So, on this page you either Sign Up or Sign In.
2. After you get signed in you’ll want click Add new site. On that page you will fill in the name of your site and the URL.
3. If you did the last step properly you’ll be taken to a page that says Congratulations you added…. Click the Add the Members gadget box.
4. Here is where you will choose the size of your gadget and colors. Then click generate code. Easy enough!
5. Now you’ll want to log in to the dashboard of your Word Press blog. Go to appearance and then to widgets. For this choose a Text widget and drag and drop it in to where you’d like your Follow box to be on the side bar. Click the arrow to open up the ‘editor’ on the text tab. Copy the code from the Google Friend Connect generator to this open box. Click save at the bottom of that box when you are done. Adding a title to the text box is optional.
6. Visit your site, you should see your new Follow box. 🙂